Monday 14 September 2015

Who is Pin-up Perfection Photography Part 7

Hey Guys and Dolls! Welcome to the 7th and final installment of "Who is Pin-up Perfection Photography". And who else could it be but yours truly, me! Helly Hepburn! I am the Area Event Coordinator and Blogger for Pin-up Perfection Photography. I am horrible about talking about myself but we are going to give it a shot!

Helly Hepburn
Photo: Pin-up Perfection Photography
Location: Waldorf Hotel

In 2012 Pin-up Perfection Photography was offering a special at one of my favourite local stores, New World Designs, and my friend, local model Jen Kaboom, told me to book a shoot and without hesitation I did. I was hooked! I fell in love with pin-up style in 2004 when I stumbled upon Pinup Girl Clothing. So it was only a matter of time before I found myself immersing my life into this crazy, fun pin-up world by entering pageants and attending events. Embracing the lifestyle as well as embracing my body.

Helly Hepburn
Photo: Pin-up Perfection Photography
MUAH: Dallas Valentine

I have always prided myself as someone who loves to help others. I love seeing my friends succeed. So when I met Shimona I saw that she needed an extra set of hands on set and I asked to help out on shoots and with whatever else needed help with. Like with moving the studio... several times.(haha!) We quickly became friends and I started working for Pin-up Perfection Photography as much as I possibly could. I quickly found myself taking on the task of organizing and booking away shoots, organizing trade shows with Shimona, and most recently writing for the blog.

Helly Hepburn and Chauncy
Photo: Pin-up Perfection Photography
MUAH: Stela Licina

Since I was young I have always loved the written word. I believe that there is nothing more powerful or vulnerable as words on paper. Last year Pinup Girl Clothing hosted a contest,"Pinup Girl Clothing Changed My Life". I of course entered because Pinup Girl Clothing did change my life so I submitted my image and my little blurb. A few months ago I got my regular email from PUG to find my writing in the email, and later fellow model and friend Ruby Roxx told me that it was also on the website under the plus size section. (they have since updated their page). This was my proudest moment. Since then all I want to do is write!

Screen Shot of Helly Hepburn's writing as seen on the Pinup Girl Clothing Email and Website

When I am not working at the studio or writing I can be found pouring my heart and soul into my job in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside where I work as a supervisor at at low barrier shelter for women. Aside from working for women's rights consider myself to be a animal rights activist where I focus a lot of my attention on Pit Bull type breeds and can often be found snuggling with my 86 pound pit bull, Hemi. I am also a bit of a shop-aholic! I love on-line shopping as well as thrifting like several of my PUP team friends.

Helly Hepburn
Photo: Pin-up Perfection Photography
Location: Hotel Zed

I am so happy and proud to be a part of this ever growing team of talented, beautiful, inspirational women. I am not only happy to be part of Pin-up Perfection Photography, but I am truly blessed to call these women my friends. So readers, there you have it! Helly Hepburn, the girl behind the words. Hope you enjoyed getting to know me, leave comments, share, and let me know what you want to see!

Helly Hepburn Selfie!

xo,
Helly Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment