Friday 25 September 2015

The Sweetest Thing

I am still buzzing from the Rock'n Dolls Pin-up Pageant at the Roadmen Round Up during the Langley Good Times Cruise Inn this year. Sweet Lady J walked out and with out hesitation took the crowds breath away. She commanded everyone's attention and stole the show. Her grace, poise, and inner and outer beauty radiated throughout the entire car show. We are so ecstatic and so happy for the beautiful Sweet Lady J winning the title. I had the chance to catch up with her last week to talk about her win, life, and what is next for this blonde bombshell.


Sweet Lady J
Photo Credit: Pin-up Perfection Photography
MUAH: Helly Hepburn

Pin-up Perfection Photography: Can you tell us a little bit about who Sweet Lady J is? And how did you come up with your stage name?

Sweet Lady J: That's actually a really funny story I needed a name for the PlayStation network so I could play Call of Duty without messing up my room mates stats. I really like being referred to as a lady. My first and last name start with J, and what the hell I'm sweet as pie! Shortly after I entered my first pageant and knew Sweet Lady J made a much better stage name than sign in. Needless to say I never really did get into Call of Duty but the name stuck.

PUPP: How did you start getting interested in the pin-up lifestyle?

SLJ: My entire life I have been intrigued by Marilyn Monroe and from a very young age I began collecting Marilyn Monroe memorabilia. My love for her began when I discovered a mural in my aunts basement . Of course we were somewhere we shouldn't have been,  but I remember staring up at this life size mural of James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, and Audrey Hepburn, and thinking, "I want to be just like her" . So from then on I was very interested pin-up girls, vintage style, hair styles, and head pieces. 

Sweet Lady J
Photo Credit: Pin-up Perfection Photography

PUPP: How many pageants have you competed in? Which was your favourite and why?

SLJ: I've been in 4 so far and I've got to say the twice I've been in the Rock n Dolls Pin-up Pageant at Langley Good times has been my favourite.  The show is so exciting and the turn out is so good. Dixie Delight and Lexi Whitewall make you feel so confident and comfortable. I'd highly suggest it to anyone and everyone

PUPP: You looked so confident on stage. Tell us, were you nervous at all? And if so, how did you get through the nerves?

SLJ: I was Soooooo nervous. I had been practicng my lines non stop driving my friends and family bonkers but I knew the more I said it the better I'd feel. I had my backup clip board as a prop with my speech on it just in case but I went up there pretended that I was in a room alone opened my eyes smile and just gave'r.

Sweet Lady J
Photo Credit: Pin-up Perfection Photography
MUAH: Helly Hepburn

PUPP: Can you describe with three words how it felt to hear your name called as the first place winner?

SLJ: No. Freaking. Way!

PUPP: Are you going to be competing in any pageants in the future? If so, which ones?


SLJ: Absolutely! I will do the Langley good times again next year but idealistically it's a dream of mine to do Viva Las Vegas.


Sweet Lady J's reaction to her win!
Photo Credit: Pin-up Perfection Photography

PUPP: What piece of advice would you give to someone entering a pageant for the first time?

SLJ: The bigger the hai the closer to heaven. Don't skimp on the cat eye and smile...smile...smile its contagious. At the end of the day just go out there and have fun. Having fun is the key to success.

PUPP: Why should every woman participate in a pageant?


SLJ: I did my first pageant so I could push myself out of my comfort zone by being in a bathing suit in front of a crowd. I highly suggest doing a pageant for anyone who wants to feel on top of the world and build their confidence.


Sweet Lady J
Photo Credit; Pin-up Perfection Photography
MUAH: Helly Hepburn

PUPP: What is next for Sweet Lady J?

SLJ: I've been in 6 magazines so far and now I'd like to be on a cover and model for a clothing company 


Sweet Lady J
Photo Credit: Pin-up Perfection Photography

Well guys and dolls! There she is! The 2015 Pin-up Pageant winner at the Rock'n Dolls Pin-up Pageant at the Roadmen Round Up during the Langley Good Times Cruise Inn! She is a babe, she is down to earth and we are so happy for this gal!

I will be at the next Rock'n Dolls Pageant in October to cover the show during our good friend Baretta Ryder's Alive & Jiving Charity Pin-up Pageant. In the mean time if you want to see something on here please comment and follow our blog.

xo,
Helly Hepburn


No comments:

Post a Comment